THE LACE MUSEUM purchased an exquisite Linen with Needlelace Tablecloth
(below) that was purchased in Sicily and brought to Detroit somewhere around
the 1920(s) by the local Detroit Italian family (above). This family worked in the
Eastern Market in Detroit and had preserved many of the family linens
over generations. In turn, the monetary value of this Tablecloth was
donated to the Roman Catholic convent: Little Sisters of the Poor in Detroit.
This lovely tablecloth is in mint condition, complete with dinner
and luncheon napkins, and is on display at THE LACE MUSEUM.